SFA To Host South Alabama In First Weekend Series
March 1, 2012
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- These will be the first-ever meetings between South Alabama and Stephen F. Austin.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .382 batting average and three home runs through nine games. He has half of SFA's six homers as a team, while USA still has yet to hit a long ball.
- Senior catcher Jarid Scarafiotti moved into fourth place all-time at SFA in hits with his 160th on Tuesday, a seventh-ining single to move past Steven Hill. He is also tied for seventh all-time with 18 career home runs and is third in RBI with 105, just 12 shy of Hill's all-time Lumberjack mark of 117.
-SFA put an end to its four-game losing streak on Tuesday with a 4-3 win over its first Sun Belt Conference foe of the season, ULM. Ricardo Sanchez delivered the go-ahead single in the bottom of the third inning to cap the scoring for the day as junior righty Brett Higginbotham took care of the rest, fanning five Warhawks in tossing his first career complete game.
- SFA went 29 games at home without allowing a homer last season and has continued that feat by not allowing one at Jaycees Field in either of its first two home contests.
- RHP Zack Taylor cracked the SFA all-time top 10 in strikeouts with nine punchouts on Friday vs Missouri State. He now has 105 for his career and needs just four more to move past former teammate Tyler Herriage into sole possession of ninth place on the list.