March 8, 2013
Stephen F. Austin (4-7) vs
Arlington Baptist (2-12)
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Chase Greening, RHP (0-1, 5.79 ERA, 9.1 IP, 3 K, 4 BB)
ABC - Caleb Sims, RHP (1-2, 5.25 ERA, 14.2 IP, 10 K, 8 BB)
SFA - Kyle Cross, RHP (1-1, 1.98 ERA, 13.2 IP, 9 K, 1 BB)
ABC - Matt Guinn, RHP (0-1, 5.42 ERA, 20.2 IP, 5 K, 1 BB)
SFA - Cameron Gann, RHP (0-2, 7.59 ERA, 10.2 IP, 5 K, 5 BB)
ABC - Jonny Hurst, RHP (1-2, 10.84 ERA, 10.1 IP, 11 K, 10 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- All games can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA will be taking on Arlington Baptist, a member of the National Christian Collegiate Athletic Association, for the first time.
- SFA shortstop Hunter Dozier moved into sixth all-time in hits at SFA with a 4-for-6 performance vs Sacred Heart, adding three more doubles to his school-record total.
- Friday's game will be the first for SFA under the lights at the revamped Jaycees Field. The 'Jacks have not played a home night game since discontinuing baseball after the 1995 season.
- Kyle Cross has been a pleasant surprise for SFA this season, posting a 1.98 ERA in his first two starts. The junior rigthy has fanned nine while walking just one.
- Jackson Hood had the game-winning hit vs Sacred Heart on Wednesday and is tied with Dozier and Jordan Camel for the team lead with six RBI this season.
-SFA led the Southland with 35 homers last season, and has picked up where it left off this season, already cranking 10. Freddy Villalobos has already knocked out three, while Jordon Lenaburg has a pair.