SFA To Open Up SLC Play At Sam Houston
March 9, 2012
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Both Sam Houston and SFA have swept the other in its league series each of the past two seasons on the other's home field.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .396 batting average and has already equaled his home run total from last season with his fifth dinger of the year on Tuesday at Grambling. He currently leads the SLC in slugging percentage and homers.
- Senior catcher Jarid Scarafiotti moved into fourth place all-time at SFA in hits with his 160th on Tuesday, a seventh-ining single to move past Steven Hill. He is also tied for seventh all-time with 18 career home runs and is third in RBI with 105, just 12 shy of Hill's all-time Lumberjack mark of 117.
- Tuesday's win at Grambling marked the beginning of an eight-game road stretch for the 'Jacks, their longest such road swing of the season.
- SFA went 29 games at home without allowing a homer last season and has continued that feat by not allowing one at Jaycees Field in either of its first two home contests.
- RHP Zack Taylor cracked the SFA all-time top 10 in strikeouts with nine punchouts vs Missouri State. He now has 110 for his career after having taken sole possession of ninth place at SFA on the all-time list.