March 21, 2013
Stephen F. Austin
(9-11, 0-0 SLC)
(12-10, 0-0 SLC)
Ray E. Didier Field
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Chase Greening, RHP (2-1, 2.49 ERA, 25.1 IP, 25 K, 5 BB)
NICH - Michael Suk, RHP (0-2, 3.69 ERA, 31.2 IP, 30 K, 4 BB)
SFA - Kyle Cross, RHP (1-2, 1.95 ERA, 27.2 IP, 12 K, 3 BB)
NICH - Taylor Byrd, LHP (4-1, 34.0 ERA, 2.12 IP, 30 K, 17 BB)
SFA - Cameron Gann, RHP (1-3, 2 SV, 6.04 ERA, 22.1 IP, 17 K, 9 BB)
NICH - Kory Delange, RHP (4-1, 1.97 ERA, 32.0 IP, 27 K, 12 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Each game can be followed via Live Stats, or via the Nicholls radio call with Mike Wagenheim on the mic at www.geauxcolonels.com. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA is just 19-30 all-time against the Colonels after taking two of three from Nicholls in the regular season finale last year in Nacogdoches. SFA has won each of hte last six series vs the Colonels dating back to 2007.
- SFA has three individuals currently leading the Southland in an offensive category as Ricardo Sanchez currently leads the league with a .439 batting average, Hunter Dozier leads with a .623 slugging percentage and Freddy Villalobos' four homers are also tied for tops in the league.
- Sanchez also ranks second in the league in slugging percentage (.579) and on-base percentage (.484), while Dozier is fifth in on-base percentage (.457).
- SFA's .287 batting average is second in the Southland as as a team, while its 15 homers are five more than anyone else in the league.
- Junior Hunter Dozier is climbing the SFA record books, ranking eighth all-time in homers (18), ninth in RBI (83), fifth in total bases (270), sixth in runs scored (96), fifth in runs scored (169), first in doubles (43) and sixth in games started (127).