March 22, 2012
Stephen F. Austin (7-13, 2-4) vs
UTSA (10-11, 2-4)
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Cameron Gann, RHP (1-0, 2.03 ERA, 13.1 IP, 2 K, 6 BB)
UTSA - Casey Selsor, LHP (3-2, 4.55 ERA, 29.2 IP, 16 K, 14 BB)
SFA - Cody Priest, RHP (0-3, 5.73 ERA, 11.0 IP, 10 K, 2 BB)
UTSA - Justin Anderson, RHP (1-0, 8.69 ERA, 19.2 IP, 12 K, 9 BB)
SFA - Brett Higginbotham, RHP (2-1, 4.35 ERA, 20.2 IP, 15 K, 7 BB)
UTSA - Michael Kraft, RHP (3-2, 3.60 ERA, 30.0 IP, 16 K, 13 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- All games can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA is just 12-21 all-time vs UTSA, but has won six of the last nine meetings between the teams. Last season the teams met four times with UTSA taking two of three from SFA in Nacogdoches before the ‘Jacks claimed a 7-1 win in the second round of the Southland Conference Tournament. SFA is 8-8 all-time vs UTSA in Nacogdoches.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .329 batting average and has already eclipsed his home run total from last season with his six dingers. As a whole, SFA leads the SLC with 15 home runs, nearly half of its entire season total of 34 in 2011.
- Senior catcher Jarid Scarafiotti needs just two more RBI to tie Steven Hill for the all-time mark at SFA, and is just two hits shy of tying Jeff Dungen for third all-time in hits.
- SFA will be starting a completely new rotation this weekend with freshman Cameron Gann getting his second start of the season on Friday, followed by juniors Cody Priest and Brett Higginbotham. Each will be making their first weekend start of their careers, with the trio having made a combined 13 starts between them in their careers.
- SFA managed to go all 29 games of 2011 without allowing a home run at Jaycees Field, and has continued that string by not allowing a dinger in its first five home games of 2012.
- Senior stopper Alex Moshier had a rough start to his 2012, allowing a pair of runs in each of his first two appearances; however, since Feb. 26 he has been nearly untouchable. In his five appearances since Feb. 26, he has tossed 7.0 scoreless innings and not allowed a run. In that span he has struck out nine and walked just two batters, allowing just one single in his last 6.2 frames.
- Hunter Dozier enters the weekend with the team’s longest current hit streak at five games, while Freddy Villalobos is riding an eight-game streak of his own in which he has managed to reach base.