March 25, 2013
Stephen F. Austin
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Chris Hassold, LHP (0-0, 16.88 ERA, 2.2 IP, 0 K, 4 BB)
UALR - Chad Bradford, RHP (1-2, 7.53 ERA, 14.1 IP, 9 K, 10 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Tuesday's can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- The 'Jacks will kick off a season-long, eight-game homestand on Tuesday vs UALR. SFA has won its last two games after winning a weekend series at Nicholls, while the Trojans have dropped 11 of their last 12 and seven in a row.
- SFA is 7-6 all-time against the Trojans, last having met UALR in a season-opening, four-game series for the 2011 season. The 'Jacks split that series and have won four of the last six in the all-time series dating back to 2010.
- SFA has three individuals currently leading the Southland in an offensive category as Ricardo Sanchez currently leads the league with a .449 batting average, Hunter Dozier leads with a .683 slugging percentage and is tied with Freddy Villalobos with four homers to top the league.
- Dozier enters Tuesday riding a team-high, nine-game hit streak. During that streak he is hitting .486 (17 of 35) with three homers, five doubles, 10 RBI, 10 runs scored and an .886 slugging percentage.
- Sanchez also ranks second in the league in slugging percentage (.580) and third on-base percentage (.487), while Dozier is second in on-base percentage (.495).
- SFA's .287 batting average is second in the Southland as as a team, while its 16 homers are five more than anyone else in the league.