March 26, 2012
Stephen F. Austin (9-14) at
New Mexico (10-11)
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Colton Eubanks, RHP (2-1, 3.38 ERA, 29.1 IP, 16 K, 11 BB)
UNM - Will Mathis, LHP (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 4.2 IP, 3 K, 2 BB)
SFA - Chase Greening, RHP (0-3, 7.50 ERA, 24.0 IP, 19 K, 8 BB)
UNM - Selby Brummet, RHP (0-1, 11.37 ERA, 6.1 IP, 4 K, 1 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Each game can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games. Each game will also be broadcast live via New Mexico radio on ESPN 101.7 FM out of Albuquerque.
- This will be the first ever games between SFA and New Mexico. In fact, Tuesday's game will mark the first game for SFA since it returned to baseball in 2006 not to be played in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas or Louisiana.
- The Lobos won just 16 games in the regular season in 2011, but caught fire in the Moutain West Conference Tournament, winning all four games at the tournament to earn a berth in the NCAA Tournament. The 2012 Lobos did not start off so well, dropping nine of their first 11 games of the year, but enter Tuesday's game red hot after winning eight of its last 10 games, including taking two of three from nationally-ranked TCU over the weekend in Albuquerque.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .352 batting average and has already eclipsed his home run total from last season with his six dingers. As a whole, SFA leads the SLC with 16 home runs, nearly half of its entire season total of 34 in 2011.
- Senior catcher Jarid Scarafiotti needs just one more RBI to tie Steven Hill for the all-time mark at SFA, and recently tied Jeff Dungen for third all-time in hits with his eighth-inning double on Sunday vs UTSA. In fact, that double also moved him into the all-time top 10 in two-baggers with 27.
- SFA will be started a completely new rotation this weekend with freshman Cameron Gann getting his second start of the season on Friday, followed by juniors Cody Priest and Brett Higginbotham. For the most part, the changes paid dividends as the trio combined to put up a 3.38 ERA as the 'Jacks took two of three games from UTSA, including a complete-game effort on Friday from Gann.
- Senior stopper Alex Moshier had a rough start to his 2012, allowing a pair of runs in each of his first two appearances; however, since Feb. 26 he has been nearly untouchable. In his six appearances since Feb. 26, he has tossed 10.0 scoreless innings, allowing just four singles and holding hitters to a .125 average. In that span he has struck out 12 and walked just three batters.
- Hunter Dozier enters the weekend with the team’s longest current hit streak at eight games, while Freddy Villalobos is riding an 11-game streak of his own in which he has managed to reach base.