March 31, 2011
Stephen F. Austin (19-7, 8-1) at
Texas State (17-7, 8-1)
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Tyler Herriage, LHP (1-2, 4.50 ERA, 32.0 IP, 25 K, 19 BB)
TXST - Carson Smith, RHP (3-1, 1.80 ERA, 35.0 IP, 42 K, 12 BB)
SFA - Jared West, RHP (3-1, 2.38 ERA, 22.2 IP, 15 K, 8 BB)
TXST - Lee Colon, LHP (1-2, 2.78 ERA, 22.2 IP, 19 K, 6 BB)
SFA - Zack Taylor, RHP (3-1, 1.56 ERA, 34.2 IP, 32 K, 17 BB)
TXST - Colton Turner, LHP (5-0, 3.18 ERA, 34.0 IP, 34 K, 12 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Gametracker and live chats will be available for all three games this weekend at www.sfajacks.com. Additionally, audio and video are each available at www.txstatebobcats.com.
- Junior Bryson Myles already has 24 steals on the season, placing in the top 10 in both career nad single-season swipes at SFA. He needs just six more steals to tie Kai Kirby's school record of 30 set in 2008. He entered the week as the national leader in swipes.
- This weekend's series will feature a matchup of the two top hitters in the SLC as both team's leadoff men - SFA's Bryson Myles and Texas State's Tyler Sibley - rank 1-2 in batting average in the Southland.
- The 'Jacks are currently leading the SLC with a 2.58 team ERA, including a 1.91 ERA from the Lumberjack bullpen.
- The Lumberjacks will be looking for their first win in San Marcos since 1990. The Bobcats have taken six of the last eight meetings between the teams since the 'Jacks swept the 'Cats in Nacogdoches in 2008.
- SFA went 15-3 in the month of March, which is hte best single month by the 'Jacks since the program became Division I in 1988.
- The SFA pitching staff is one of just five teams in the nation to have pitched at least 148.0 innings and allowed two or less home runs. It has been 17 games, and 152.1 innings since the Lumberjacks last allowed a long ball.