SFA To Host Huskies On Tuesday Afternoon
April 1, 2013
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Tuesday's can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- The game was originally scheduled for 6:30 p.m., but was moved up to 1:00 p.m. due to incoming inclement weather in the Nacogdoches area.
- The 'Jacks continue a season-long, eight-game homestand on Tuesday vs future Southland Conference member Houston Baptist. SFA fell in extra innings last season in Arlington to the Huskies, snapping a 10-game win streak for the 'Jacks in the series. The Lumberjacks are 12-4 all-time vs HBU, who will become a member of the Southland Conference next season.
- SFA currently sports one of the most powerful offenses in the league, ranking first in the Southland with a .417 slugging percentage and 20 home runs. SFA also ranks in the top three in the SLC in doubles and walks.
- Hunter Dozier enters Tuesday riding a team-high, 13-game hit streak in addition to having reached base in his last 17 contests. During that streak Dozier is hitting .521 (25 of48) with 14 runs scored, eight doubles, seven home runs, 18 RBI, 11 walks to just six strikeouts and has stolen five of six bases. His on-base percentage in that span is .610 to go along with a 1.125 slugging percentage.
- Dozier is not the only Lumberjack with a strong start to the season as Ricardo Sanchez ranks third in the SLC in batting average (.402), sixth in slugging percentage (.512) and seventh in on-base percentage (.457).
- The 'Jacks have outscored their opponents 75-55 in innings 4 thru 6 on the season.