April 9, 2012
Stephen F. Austin
J.C. Love Field
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Fabian Arcizo, RHP (0-0, 1.20 ERA, 15.0 IP, 7 K, 3 BB)
La. Tech - TBA
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Tuesday's game can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA is just 6-15 vs the Bulldogs all-time, including just 2-9 in Nacogdoches. The 'Jacks last met Tech on the diamond in 2009 in Nacogdoches in an 8-6 loss. It is the only meeting for SFA and Louisiana Tech since SFA returned to baseball, with the last SFA win in the series coming in Ruston in 1992. SFA and Louisiana Tech will meet once more, in exactly one week, in Ruston.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .342 batting average and has already eclipsed his home run total from last season with his eight dingers. As a whole, SFA leads the SLC with 22 home runs, more than half of its entire season total of 34 in 2011.
- Senior catcher Jarid Scarafiotti recently moved past Steven Hill for the all-time RBI mark at SFA on Saturday with an RBI double in an 8-2 Lumberjack win at Northwestern State. He has also moved him past Jeff Dungen for third all-time in hits and has his sights on Blake Boydston's 188 career hits, which is the No. 2 mark at SFA. He also became just the sixth 'Jack with 20 homers in a career after hitting his 20th on Thursday against Lamar.
- Senior stopper Alex Moshier had a rough start to his 2012, allowing a pair of runs in each of his first two appearances; however, since Feb. 26 he has been nearly untouchable. In his eight appearances since Feb. 26, he has tossed 14.0 scoreless innings, allowing just five singles and holding hitters to a .109 average. In that span he has struck out 16 and walked just six batters.