April 12, 2012
Stephen F. Austin
(13-19, 6-9 SLC)
(13-17, 8-7 SLC)
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Chase Greening, RHP (2-3, 6.35 ERA, 34.0 IP, 26 K, 9 BB)
MCN - Trey Brown, RHP (1-4, 4.78 ERA, 52.2 IP, 31 K, 18 BB)
SFA - Cameron Gann, RHP (3-1, 3.06 ERA, 35.1 IP, 11 K, 11 BB)
MCN - Blake Ware, RHP (4-3, 2.40 ERA, 48.2 IP, 29 K, 22 BB)
SFA - Colton Eubanks, RHP (3-3, 4.37 ERA, 45.1 IP, 26 K, 15 BB)
MCN - Tyler McDonald, RHP (2-2, 3.29 ERA, 38.1 IP, 12 K, 11 BB)
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Each game can be followed via Gametracker. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA is just 17-28 all-time against the Cowboys, but the teams have alternated conseucitive wins and losses in each of the past 10 meetings dating back to 2007. The 'Jacks won two of three in the series each of the past two seasons, including taking the final two in the series last season in Lake Charles. The Cowboys have only made one trip to Nacogdoches since 1994, taking two of three from McNeese in 2010.
- The Cowboys had gotten off to a great start in conference play, but have dropped three of their last four games nad five of their last seven overall. Still, they enter the weekend just two games ahead of SFA in the standings at 8-7, but have not taken a league series on the road to date.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .352 batting average and has already eclipsed his home run total from last season with his seven dingers. As a whole, SFA leads the SLC with 22 home runs, more than half of its entire season total of 34 in 2011.
- Senior catcher Jarid Scarafiotti recently moved past Steven Hill for the all-time RBI mark at SFA with an RBI double in an 8-2 Lumberjack win at Northwestern State. He has also moved him past Jeff Dungen for third all-time in hits and has his sights on Blake Boydston's 188 career hits, which is the No. 2 mark at SFA. With one more homer he would become just the sixth Lumberjack to ever have 20 homers for a career
- Senior stopper Alex Moshier had a rough start to his 2012, allowing a pair of runs in each of his first two appearances; however, since Feb. 26 he has been nearly untouchable. In his eight appearances since Feb. 26, he has tossed 14.0 scoreless innings, allowing just five singles and holding hitters to a .109 average. In that span he has struck out 16 and walked just six batters.
- Junior Freddy Villalobos has upped his batting average to the .300 mark, and is tied for third in the leauge with 10 doubles on the year. As a team, SFA is second in the Southland with 54 two-baggers.
- Chase Greening will be making his return to the weekend rotation, coming in having put together solid numbers in his last month of work. In SFA's last 13 games Greening has made three appearances, including one start, holding hitters to a .239 average in 12.0 innings and striking out 11 while walking just one.