April 26, 2012
Stephen F. Austin
(16-25, 9-12 SLC)
(26-15, 13-8 SLC)
Probable Starting Pitchers
SFA - Chase Greening, RHP (4-3, 4.68 ERA, 50.0 IP, 34 K, 12 BB)
UTA - Lance Day, RHP (8-1, 3.35 ERA, 75.1 IP, 46 K, 25 BB)
SFA - Cameron Gann, RHP (4-2, 2.28 ERA, 47.1 IP, 23 K, 15 BB)
UTA - Zach Thompson, RHP (2-2, 2.95 ERA, 36.2 IP, 15 K, 11 BB)
SFA - Colton Eubanks, RHP (3-5, 3.95 ERA, 57.0 IP, 33 K, 19 BB)
UTA - TBA
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Each game can be followed via Live Stats. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA is just 18-31 all-time against the Mavericks, but have won each of the last five conference series in the rivalry. The 'Jacks have taken two of three from UTA each year since 2007, with the exception of 2009 when SFA pulled off a sweep. This will be the second meeting of the year for the teams with UTA already owning a 3-1 win in Arlington in the season's second weekend.
- In his last five appearances, including three starts, Chase Greening is 4-0 with a 1.93 ERA, striking out 19 and walking just four batters in 28.0 innings. Meanwhile, as a starter freshman Cameron Gann has won three of his six starts, holding batters to a .224 average with 22 strikeouts and 12 walks in 40.0 innings. He will be making his second start of the year vs UT Arlington, allowing one run on five hits in seven innings of a no-decision on Feb. 26 in Arlington.
- UTA has won 13 of its last 17 games after having a four-game win streak snapped on Wednesday at No. 1 Baylor. Still, the Mavs have won each of their last four league series, including a sweep of Northwestern State at Clay Gould Ballpark last weekend. UTA is 4-5 on the road in conference games this year.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .354 batting average and ranks in the top 10 in the SLC in batting average, hits, runs scored, homers, doubles, walks and slugging percentage. He has reached base at least once in each of the last 12 games.
- With last weekend's series win the 'Jacks moved up in the jumbled race for Southland Conference Tournament. Currently, SFA holds the inside track for the final berth, but could move up significantly with a solid performance over the next two weekends.