MBB Game Notes: vs McNeese State
Jan. 4, 2013
SFA (11-1, 2-0 SLC) vs McNeese State (6-5, 0-1 SLC)
• SFA’s win over the Cardinals put head coach Danny Kaspar on the cusp of a coaching milestone with his 450th career win just one victory away. He has accumulated 230 of his wins at SFA and his 449 career victories rank second among Southland Conference coaches only to Northwestern State’s Mike McConathy.
THE LAST TIME OUT
• Stephen F. Austin and Wisconsin are the only two programs in the nation to be ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense each of the last five seasons.
• Danny Kaspar needs just one more wins to reach 450 for his career.
• SFA played exactly 30 games in the 2012 calendar year, going 24-6 in those games.
• The Lumberjacks enter Thursday's game averaging just 49.0 points allowed per game, making them the only squad in the country not to average 50 points allowed per game.
SITTIN’ ON 20: The ‘Jacks have six 20-win campaigns since becoming a Division I program in 1988. All six of those 20-win seasons have come under Danny Kaspar.
AMONG NATION’S BEST: As a team the ‘Jacks are right at the top of the country in scoring defense, but the ‘Jacks also have a pair of individuals who are near the top of the country’s statistical rankings as well. As of the latest NCAA statistical report released on Dec. 31, senior Taylor Smith currently sports a .664 field goal percentage, which is sixth in the nation, while Hal Bateman’s 7.0 assists per game ranks 10th in the country.