MBB Game Notes: at Central Arkansas
Jan. 9, 2013
SFA (12-1, 3-0 SLC) at Central Arkansas (5-7, 0-2 SLC)
• SFA’s win over McNeese State put head coach Danny Kaspar at a milestone with his 450th career win just one victory. He has accumulated 231 of his wins at SFA and his 450 career victories rank second among Southland Conference coaches only to Northwestern State’s Mike McConathy.
THE LAST TIME OUT
• Stephen F. Austin and Wisconsin are the only two programs in the nation to be ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense each of the last five seasons.
• SFA’s win over McNeese State was Danny Kaspar’s 450th of his career.
• SFA played exactly 30 games in the 2012 calendar year, going 24-6 in those games.
• The Lumberjacks enter Thursday's game averaging just 48.5 points allowed per game, making them the only squad in the country not to average 50 points allowed per game.
SITTIN’ ON 20: The ‘Jacks have six 20-win campaigns since becoming a Division I program in 1988. All six of those 20-win seasons have come under Danny Kaspar.