MBB Game Notes: at Oral Roberts
Jan. 11, 2013
SFA (13-1, 4-0 SLC) at Oral Roberts (8-7, 3-0 SLC)
• Saturday's game will be televised on Fox College Sports and the Golden Eagle Netowrk (Direct TV Channel 363) with Bob Carpenter on play-by-play and Mickey Michalec on color analysis.
• SFA’s win at Central Arkansas gave SFA a 4-0 start in league play, marking the first time for the program to start that well vs the SLC since the 2006-07 season. The ‘Jacks 13-1 overall start also eclipsed the 2007-08 team’s 12-1 start as the best start for an SFA squad since the progam moved to Division I at the beginning of the 1987-88 season.
THE LAST TIME OUT
• Stephen F. Austin and Wisconsin are the only two programs in the nation to be ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense each of the last five seasons.
• SFA has taken on 11 teams from the state of Oklahoma in the Danny Kaspar era, winning each of the last 10 from Texas’ neighbor to the north. The last time SFA lost to a team from Oklahoma was a 78-57 loss to Oral Roberts in Tulsa during the 2001-02 season. SFA played exactly 30 games in the 2012 calendar year, going 24-6 in those games.
• The Lumberjacks enter Saturday's game averaging just 50.0 points allowed per game, the lowest mark in the country.
SITTIN’ ON 20: The ‘Jacks have six 20-win campaigns since becoming a Division I program in 1988. All six of those 20-win seasons have come under Danny Kaspar.
PARKER’S HOMECOMING: Jacob Parker had a career afternoon in SFA’s win at Tulsa, scoring a career-high 16 points and pulling down four rebounds. A native of Bixby, Okla., which is just outside of Tulsa, Parker hit seven of his 10 shots from the field, including a pair of three-point buckets.
OKLHAOMA BREAKDOWN: SFA’s win at Oklahoma snapped a 36-game home win streak over non-conference opponents for the Sooners. Oddly enough, the last win at the Lloyd Noble Center by a Sooner non-conference opponent was in 2007 when the ‘Jacks escaped Norman with a 66-62 win.