MBB Game Notes: at McNeese State
Jan. 29, 2013
SFA (16-2, 7-1 SLC) at McNeese State (8-10, 2-6 SLC)
• The ‘Jacks can complete season sweeps of both McNeese State and Lamar with wins this week on the road, which would give them an 8-2 start to the season in road contests. No SFA team has started better than 7-3 in its first 10 road games in the Danny Kaspar era, and an 8-2 road start would be the best at SFA since the 1972-73 team went 9-1 in its first 10 road games.
THE LAST TIME OUT
• SFA’s 11-game win streak came to an end on Saturday. At the time it was the second-longest active win streak in the country. The ‘Jacks have also won 13 games in a row at William R. Johnson Coliseum, a mark tied for 12th best in the country.
• Stephen F. Austin and Wisconsin are the only two programs in the nation to be ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense each of the last five seasons.
• SFA's win over McNeese State was Danny Kaspar's 450th of his career.
• SFA is 30-7 since the the beginning of the 2011 calendar year.
• The Lumberjacks enter Thursday's game averaging just 50.0 points allowed per game, the lowest mark in the country.
BOUNCING BACK: SFA is 15-6 over the last two seasons in games following a loss. However, SFA has been much better at bouncing back when at athome as since 2007-08, the ’Jacks are 27-0 in home games following defeats. The last time SFA dropped two straight games with the second loss coming at home was the 2006-07 season, when the ’Jacks fell at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, then lost at home to UTSA in the regular-season finale.