MBB Game Notes: vs Oral Roberts
Feb. 8, 2013
SFA (19-2, 10-1 SLC) vs Oral Roberts (14-9, 9-2 SLC)
• Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on Comcast Sports Net Houston with Dave Raymond providing play-by-play and former Texas Southern head coach Tony Harvey on color analysis. It is the fifth of eight scheduled TV games for the ‘Jacks this season.
• SFA has won 14 consecutive games at home, a mark tied for the seventh-longest home win streak in the country. Currently the ‘Jacks are 11-0 at home this season, allowing just 44.6 points per game on the William R. Johnson floor with an average margin of victory of nearly 28 points.
THE LAST TIME OUT
• SFA’s 11-game win streak came to an end at Northwestern State. At the time it was the second-longest active win streak in the country. The ‘Jacks have also won 14 games in a row at William R. Johnson Coliseum, a mark tied for seventh best in the country.
• Stephen F. Austin and Wisconsin are the only two programs in the nation to be ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense each of the last five seasons.
• Taylor Smith became SFA’s all-time shot blocker vs McNeese St., moving past Matt Kingsley (102)
• SFA is 33-7 since the the beginning of the 2011 calendar year.
• The Lumberjacks enter Thursday's game averaging just 48.9 points allowed per game, the lowest mark in the country. No team in the nation has ended the year allowing an average of less than 50 points per game since the 1992-93 Princeton Tigers.
SFA LASTS WITH THE ELITE: SFA dropped just its second game of the season at Northwestern State, dropping the ‘Jacks from a very short list of one-loss teams left in the country. But going into Thursday’s game, five teams in the nation with two or less losses. Each of the others are ranked in the latest AP Top 10.