Stephen F. Austin vs. Sam Houston State
October 3, 2015 - TBA
NRG Stadium - Houston, Texas
2015 Fan Guide
NRG Stadium Parking
2015 Seating and Price List
NRG Hosts Battle of the Piney Woods Through 2017
Tickets for the game are on sale now. Fans can purchase tickets through the SFA Ticket Office by calling one of the numbers below or use our online purchasing system by clicking the link below. Ticket prices range from $15 to $43. Call: 936-468-5225.
Purchase Tickets Online
5150 Westheimer Road
Houston, Texas 77056
Special Fan Rate: $119 per night
Specify "SFA Fan Block"
Last day to book by: 9/11/15
Suite Information @ NRG Stadium
Private luxury suites will be sold for the game. The cost of the suites is $75 per ticket and each suite seats between 16 and 22 guests. Parking, food and beverage is not included in the price.
For more information fans can contact Shari Rainey with the Houston Texans Suite Sales Office at 832-667-2135 or email@example.com.
Tailgating at NRG Stadium
On Saturday, October 3, in addition to the availability for individual tailgating for SFA fans, alumni and students in the Blue Lot, SFASU will host a tailgate party at the southeast corner of NRG Stadium adjacent to the Astrodome beginning at 11:00 am and concluding at 2:30 pm. Food will be available for the first 1,000 fans, and cash bars will be open throughout the event. The stadium gates open at 1:30 p.m. and kick-off is slated for 3:00 pm.
Pregame Activities: NRG Park Tailgating Guidelines and Rules
NRG Park not only allows tailgating, WE ENCOURAGE IT! We want NRG Stadium to provide the finest tailgating experience in the country, so we have established a few guidelines to make your tailgating party great:
· Parking is first-come, first-served for the first hour; saving spots will not be allowed. If you would like to tailgate near friends, please arrive together. · NRG Stadium entrance gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
· Tailgating will be limited to one 8'x 16' space for each valid parking hangtag, and must not cross over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
· RV's, buses, and oversized vehicles will need to purchase a minimum of two parking spots and need to park in the designated RV areas in each lot.
· If you plan to extend sides or set chairs outside of your RV or Bus you will need parking hangtags in addition to the ones for the space that will be used by your vehicle.
· No Music system speakers may exceed 18" tall and 12" wide
· Music speakers my not produce sound greater than 68 decibels in accordance to the City of Houston sound ordinance Sections 30.1-30.9
· Liquid charcoal starter or other flammable liquids are strictly prohibited. Charcoal may be started with an electrical starter designed for this purpose or quick starting charcoal is recommended. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
· Ash containers, trash containers and port-o-lets are located in each lot.
· Hot ashes, cinders, smothering coal, disposable LP-gas cylinders or other hot materials must be disposed of in the Orange dumpsters only.
· Trash must be disposed of the in the Green dumpsters only.
· For safety purposes, all tents, chairs, etc. must be put away before entering NRG Stadium.
· In order to ensure the safety of our fans, no golf carts, Segways, motorized coolers, skateboards, bicycles, or large balloons will be allowed for use by fans in the parking lots.
· NRG Stadium does not grant the right to display advertising, banners or signs, or distribute promotional items on property. Fans may be asked to remove inappropriate banners or signs.
· All cooking equipment shall be situated away from crowds, buildings, vehicles or combustible materials. A minimum clearance distance of 3 feet is required.
· A minimum class 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher with a current service tag is required at each cooking area.
· LP-gas cooking appliances shall be UL listed and approved for use. LP-gas cylinders shall be secured in an upright position to keep from falling and positioned to prevent impact from vehicle traffic. Portable generators are not to be filled while running and fuel must be in a UL listed safety can (2 gal. max). Portable generators and fuel must be stored away from cooking appliances.
· Guests are welcome to continue tailgating up to one hour after the end of the game. However, in some instances guests may be asked to clear the parking lots before that time.
· Any violation of the fire safety regulations will be subject to citations being issued by the City of Houston Fire Inspector.
· For any further information regarding these guidelines or any other questions on the day of the game please call 832-667-1400
Click here for a link that has directions to the specific lots.
A Tradition Is Born
Announcement of Battle of the Piney Woods Press Conference Photo Gallery
On Oct. 20, 2009, the athletic leadership at Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston State made an announcement that will forever change one of the oldest Football Championship Subdivision rivalries in the country. The respective administrations of the two schools, in conjunction with Lone Star Sports and Entertainment and the Houston Texans, publicly announced an agreement that will put the Battle of the Piney Woods at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, for at least the next four seasons.
The move was just the latest effort to help grow the second-oldest FCS rivalry in the state. Two years prior, the student leadership at both universities worked together to revive an old tradition by creating a traveling trophy to be handed to the game's winner each season. The move to NRG Stadium only increased the rivalry's visibility, as well as that of the two football programs, in Houston, the fourth-largest city in the United States.
With the two schools estimating a combined alumni population of over 80,000 in the greater Houston area alone, the game had potential for a strong crowd year-in and year-out, and through two years, the results cannot be denied. The teams have combined to bring in more than 24,000 fans to NRG Stadium in both 2010 and 2011 with the games ranking as the top two most attended regular season games in Southlan Conference history.
But to keep the Battle of the Piney Woods as one of the elite games in the FCS, that's where the fans come in. We need you to help get the word out to friends, family and fellow alumni. Let them know that you're excited about the chance to root on your team in one of the finest football facilities in the world and encourage them to come along for the game. The stadium experience is guaranteed to be second to none, and the rivalry will definitely have all the fire and passion fans have come to expect.
We can't wait to see you in Houston. Axe 'em Jacks!