SFA will host TJC on Wednesday in Nacogdoches.
March 22, 2010
MONROE, La. - ULM was too much for the Stephen F. Austin women's tennis team on Monday, as the Warhawks took a 5-2 win over the Ladyjacks at Heard Stadium.
SFA (8-3) was swept in the three doubles matches but did not go out without a fight. Paola Muntuenga and Alice Pacaut forced ULM's Lena Satge and Jourdan Smith into a tiebreaker but were unable to close as they fell 8-7. Roxana Enica and Tatiana Smolnikova also lost in a competitive match to ULM's Claire Clark and Monica Winkel 8-6.
In singles action, wins by Paola Muntuenga and Sanjana Kapur were not enough to keep the Ladyjacks in contention as they went just 2-4 overall.
SFA will be back in action on Wednesday when they host Tyler Junior College at the Schlief Tennis Complex. The match is slated to begin at 3:00 p.m.
ULM 5, Stephen F. Austin 2
Mar 22, 2010 at Monroe, La.
1. Claire Clark (ULM) def. Roxana Enica (SFA) 6-3, 6-1
2. Paola Muntuenga (SFA) def. Lena Satge (ULM) 7-5, 3-6, 10-4
3. Monica Winkel (ULM) def. Tatiana Smolnikova (SFA) 6-1, 6-3
4. Sanjana Kapur (SFA) def. Sidney Bruscato (ULM) 6-2, 0-6, 10-7
5. Vivian Polak (ULM) def. Alice Pacaut (SFA) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ana Burjaili (ULM) def. Meaghan Ocanas (SFA) 6-3, 6-7, 10-8
1. Claire Clark/Monica Winkel (ULM) def. Roxana Enica/Tatiana Smolnikova (SFA) 8-6
2. Lena Satge/Jourdan Smith (ULM) def. Paola Muntuenga/Alice Pacaut (SFA) 8-7
3. Vivian Polak/Ana Burjaili (ULM) def. Jamie Williams/Meaghan Ocanas (SFA) 8-1