April 12, 2014
LAKE CHARLES, La. - The Stephen F. Austin Ladyjack tennis team fell 7-0 to McNeese State on Saturday afternoon at Nancy Hawk Center.
"All the credit to Mcneese," head coach Roberto Aspillaga said, "They outplayed and outcompeted us today. They deserved the win every inch of the way."
SFA (10-8, 6-3 SLC) won just one match in singles play against the Cowgirls (12-6, 7-2 SLC), their only victory in the match.
Sophomore Valeria Terentyeva picked up a 7-6 edging of McN's Julia Kral in No. 3 singles, but Kral took the match in three sets.
The Ladyjacks fell in the doubles point 8-4, 8-3, before dropping all six matches in singles play.
SFA will close its road schedule on Sunday at Nicholls State. Following the match at NICH, the Ladyjacks will return for two matches at home to close out the regular season.
McNeese State 7, Stephen F. Austin 0
April 12, 2014 at Lake Charles, La. (Nancy Hawk Center)
1. Klaudia Gawlik / Sara Castellano (MCN) def. Malena Gordo / Julia Lorca (SFA) 8-4
2. Anastasia Surkova / Vivien Borbely (MCN) vs. Laura Servise / Rachel Pierce (SFA) unfinished
3. Julia Kral / Annabelle Peacock (MCN) def. Denise Maxl / Macarena Sedano Acosta (SFA) 8-3
1. Klaudia Gawlik (MCN) def. Malena Gordo (SFA) 7-6, 3-0
2. Sara Castellano (MCN) def. Denise Maxl (SFA) 6-2, 6-3
3. Julia Kral (MCN) def. Valeria Terentyeva (SFA) 6-4, 6-7, 14-12
4. Anastasia Surkova (MCN) def. Julia Lorca (SFA) 6-3, 6-2
5. Vivien Borbely (MCN) def. Andrea Ternera (SFA) 6-2, 6-2
6. Annabelle Peacock (MCN) def. Laura Servise (SFA) 6-2, 6-2